Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bollywood beauty singer Sophie Choudry in an Exclusive Interview on ISHKQ IN PARIS and PREITY ZINTA


India's Top Pop Artist Sophie Choudry is going on arise day by day. Last time I interview this amazing singer we were talking about her Album "Sound of Sophie" and now we are back and talking about her film playback project "It's All About Tonight". Sophie Choudry just sang for Preity Zinta's Home Production ISHKQ IN PARIS and I have the priviledge to once again interview this wonderful artist and a good friend. Despite her busy schedule she took time to write back to me with answers.

1. How did you land up with this opportunity?

I have known Preity for years and when she started her debut production Ishkq in Paris I sent her a MSG to let her know I was there if she needed any help at all for anything. She knew I spoke French but only realised how fluent I was at her party for Isabelle Adjani when she saw me conversing with her and the French Consul General. A few days later she called saying “Babe I had no Idea you were so fluent... I want you to hear one of my songs". The song had been recorded with Sunidhi in Hindi but PZ wanted an international flavour and that's what we got!


2. How long did it take you record your French part? Did you write the French lyrics?


When I went into the studio it was just to record a few lines especially the opening line "ah oui oui mon cheri ..." but PZ, Sajid -Wajid liked the feel so much that they asked me to write 2 verses right there. I did it in about 45mins and then sang it. 

3. How was it working for Preity?

She's amazing! Great energy, positivity and she's very self-assured. She is also clear bout what she likes and what she doesn’t so that makes it easy to work with her for the song. 

4. What is "It’s all about Tonight" about?

 It's a party song set in a club in Paris. I can't give away the story but the song talks about living life and the moment!

5. Can you translate for us what you were singing?

The French lyrics I have written talk about not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow so it's best to make the most of tonight! It takes about escaping from everything, not thinking about love but just focussing on the magic of this night.


6. You are a known personality in the industry, and you have been everywhere, and your previous albums have been great hits. Do you feel India's Pop industry needs to be recognized even more? 

There was a time when people used to watch pop videos more than film songs! Pop was all over television! Today Bollywood sounds like pop and has completely taken over! It's sad because there should be space for both! It's up to the media, music companies and fans to support artists. That’s why most pop artists are now singing for films!


7. Do you feel Pop artists should be given chances to playback for films? 

Yes, at least their ones get heard! Neeraj and Mika are great examples but even today if you told them a pop album of theirs would get as much air play as a film song they would love to do it! I would be happy doing both... A few playback songs and then my own too!

8. What are your forthcoming projects for films? Pop Albums, Concerts? 

 I have been busy with shows and working on new music for the last two years. I also got bored with the kind of film roles that were coming my way so just took a step back, did some workshops, read lots, and am happy to say that I recently started shooting again for a film that will be amazing and I start another project very soon! I'm also shooting my own new video and you will all see that sooner than you know. It's a song that I just know is going to cause a hungama.....  Until then enjoy It’s All About Tonight and the remix I have sung for Dj Suketu "Pyar Mein Dil Pe" on his new album!

9. What message do you have for your fans? 

I'm always so grateful for the love and support and promise to work harder and do better. A lot of my fans say they don't see enough of me but I promise to change that soon! For now please go out and buy my first playback song and get set for my new song too!

10. When and where did you learn French? You have tweeted in French at times and I am sure your fans are curious how did you sing in French?

I have been learning French since I was 7! And my degree is in European politics and French. In fact I lived in Paris for two years studying political science. It's a language I absolutely love and I'm really happy I could use it in a song for a Bollywood film!


11. One last thing you like to say about Preity, Ishkq in Paris.

 I think PZ is the coolest, cutest girl in the industry! I really hope her film is a smash because I know she has made it with such passion and it's about time we get a super cool, hot, female producer in Bollywood too! Seriously we all adore her and I hope all her fans support her as she takes this massive step... At least Salman’s fans should see the film... He's too cute in it!

Thank you darling for the great interview and we wish you all the best with your work. I do not need to say anything about "ITS ALL ABOUT TONIGHT" because its already a huge hit number. Looking forward to more of your music. God Bless. 

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT "ITS ALL ABOUT TONIGHT" RIGHT HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment