Wednesday, September 26, 2012

'In my city' rocks

A perfect blend of beauty and brain-yes, it is none other than Priyanka Chopra. From being a supermodel, to winning the coveted Miss World title in 2000, to being a top Bollywood actress, Priyanka has done it all in a short span of time. 

Her foray into pop music is a first of its kind by any Indian artiste. She's once again done India proud by releasing a debut single "In my city". "In my city" showcases her vocal prowess in collaboration with the Black Eyed Peas rapper, Will-I-Am. 

The debut single was released on September 13, 2012 in the USA at a NFL game between Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. But the best part was that the single was released in India before the Thursday night football, as per Priyanka Chopra's wish. Her musical journey will be managed by Troy Carter of Atom factory, who manages Lady Gaga as well. Priyanka's sound is really soothing to the ears and the track is really peppy with some beautiful music and awesome lyrics penned by herself. 

The lyrics are simple yet they are meaningful and describe her nomadic childhood where she traveled across various cities in India owing to her dad's profession. It's interesting to note that she spent some of her teen years in Massachusetts, Iowa and Boston. Hence she imbibed the Americano touch. 

She sounds really cool in her American accent and her near flawless rendition gives a glimpse of her western classical background. Not to forget her gorgeous eyes and the stylish black outfit on the cover. 

Here's a sneak peek into "In my city" 

I know you got your own town I know you got your own ways I know you got your own life I'm just sayin' C'mon down to my place 

Come on make some new friends And tell me what you drinking I know there a place like home But I know you gonna like it in my city Everybody's welcomed here Everybody welcome to my city We ain't got no worries here I know you gonna like it in my city You know you gotta a friend in me You ain't gonna wanna leave (c...c...come on c...c...come on) You ain't never had a party Till you come to party in my city 



The track is definitely going to be a number one on the music charts and set the dance floors on fire especially in nightclubs and pubs. All music lovers and Priyanka Chopra fans cannot wait for the release of the full album by early 2013. One hopes that Priyanka Chopra and her team bring forward the date. However, there is no denying the fact that Priyanka Chopra has that X-factor in her voice that connects with the listeners. Much like her acting talent combined with her sexy looks and figure and now her sensuous voice, Priyanka is the ultimate diva, an all in one package combining modeling, acting, singing etc. Lady gaga and Katy Perry better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment