Monday, October 22, 2012

RIP Yash Chopra: 'Emotional' Lata sings 'Tere Liye' for her dearest friend


'Melody Queen' Lata Mangeshkar on Sunday condoled the death of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra, saying "he meant to a world to me".
 
"We were like a family... We were brother and sister. His wife also treats me like a sister... everybody in the family respects me so much. I have suffered a huge loss today," Mangeshkar told news channels.
 
"He has innumerable memorable songs... I am so shocked at this moment that I can't even think of any other thing... But I want to dedicate one song to my dearest friend which was also close to his heart, Tere Liye Hum Bhi Jiye from Veer Zara.
 
"The song is also close to my heart as it was was composed by my Madan Mohan, who was like a brother to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment